13 September 2017
The Leader of Ashby de la Zouch Town Council, Councillor John Coxon, expressed his delight today at the success of the Town Council in obtaining 'Quality Gold' status in the Local Council Award Scheme. The purpose of the scheme is to provide the Town Council with benchmark minimum standards and is designed to allow the Town Council to test itself against good practice benchmarks. The Chairman of the Leicestershire and Rutland Association of Local Councils presented the award to the Town Council this week.
Ashby de la Zouch Town Council is very proud to be one of only two Parish/ Town Councils in Leicestershire which have achived the Quality Gold Award and the only Town Council to have done so.
In order to meet the requirements of the Quality Gold Local Council Award Scheme, the Town Council passed a number of specified quality tests. These included:
- The publication of an Annual Report
- The preparation of accounts in line with the Accounts and Audit Regulations
- Effective communication and consultation with the local community
- Electoral mandate requirement - all seats on the Town Council being filled by election
- A fully qualified Town Cler
- The adoption of and compliance with a Code of Conduct for Town Councillors
- Regular, well attended Town Council meetings which include an apportunity for public particpation